Saturday 21 January 2017

A DIFFERENT VIEW - Mini-series Part 1 - AMSTERDAM

Whether I'm looking for subject matter for a travel article or a piece of fiction, I like to keep an eye open for fresh viewpoints. 

As well as writing notes, photos are a useful tool (and essential for travel features).

Take Amsterdam. 

We expect to see those iconic images... canals and bicycles perhaps?









Or how about a cheese shop?


















Or an establishment in the famous Red Light District?


















The last thing you might expect to see is a heron.




Or a boat complete with its own private floating sun deck and garden.






Or one with a rooftop garden.














And yet I took all these photos in Amsterdam.




Okay, so this was on the edge of the city...














As was this bee on a flower, but these photos show Amsterdam from a different, fresh view that you may not have seen before.



I hope you've enjoyed this first post in my new mini-series: 'A Different View'.

I'm away in South America right now, hopefully gathering lots of material for my writing. 
In the meantime, do please leave a comment and I promise I'll respond on my return in March.







4 comments:

  1. I love the boat with a roof garden! In Australia I saw houseboats as large as bungalows on the Murray River, which is very wide and v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. Hope your present travels are going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I returned home today, so now have some catching up to do!

      Delete
  2. Photos are a brilliant way to capture memories – and you certainly have some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's nothing quite like retaining memories via images - although I do keep fairly extensive journals too whenever possible.

      Delete

Many thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback.